The other day I was working on a small web project (more on this soon) and was
using Warp. I wanted to
From<T> conversions for certain error types into my custom type to make error
handling a little less clunky. I ran into some problems with doing that and I
must not have realized it at the time but I believe I was on Rust 1.40. I saw
this morning that Rust 1.41 relaxed some of those restrictions so that you can
implement traits on foreign types as long as the trait is local to your crate.
While this didn't help my particular case, I might've been able to use it if
I refactoring things around.
I also noticed that Rust 1.42 had already been released as well (March 12th).
It seems to have brought some nice improvements to pattern matching including
allowing subslices in a slice pattern and the
matches! macro. The former
would probably be useful in the type of byte matching I was working with
recently in my photo sorting tool (see part 1, part 2